vocabulary for moviesRevision:
for something to 'add up'
- (Phrasal Verb) to make sense, to be intelligible, i.e.
when you examine his story it just doesn't add up.to not make sense - something cannot be understood, i.e.
- The plot of the novel I've just read didn't add up.
- He says he couldn't have committed the crime because he was in another city. But
plot what happens in a story of the movie; or the story of a novel. a box-office success when a movie makes a lot of money character the ‘person' an actor is playing script the written text of everything that is said and that happens
- I can't make sense of these instructions.
- This map doesn't make sense.
in a movie set the scenery for a film or play special effects technical effects in a movie role the character the actor is playing costumes the clothes actors wear in a movie or play a tough guy a strong man scene a short section of a movie or a play lead actor the central character of the movie