Bill and his children are trying to decide how to celebrate their mother's birthday.
Present Simple - Present Perfect - 'then' for time sequence - how about...?
up for that
- (Colloquial) to want to do that, i.e.
- I'm up for (watching) a movie tonight.
how about + ing
- to make a suggestion. Followed by a noun
- How about going to London this weekend?
- How about having a walk, now the weather's good?
- What shall we have to eat?- How about pizza?
- What DVD shall we watch?- How about Inception?
to put forward an idea or plan to be considered.
Followed by ing - that + pronoun - noun,
- I suggest taking the exam in June.
- When should I take the exam?
- I suggest that you take the exam in June.
- I suggest June.
Why don't we...?
- the same meaning as 'suggest', i.e.
- Why don't we have a picnic this weekend, the weather's going to be good?
* 'What about....?'
can also be used.