making ‘small talk' Revision:
present continuous for ‘intermittent' action - offering -
question tags - in fact Vocabulary
All this vocabulary is informal.
by the way -
to introduce a change in the topic of conversation, i.e.
- Yes, the party was lovely, we all had a good time. By the way, Susie passed all her exams.
driving me crazy -
making the speaker annoyed or upset, i.e.
- John's been practising his drum playing all morning. It's driving me crazy.
- unable to look away from a TV, computer, or phone screen, i.e.
- They've been glued to their computers for hours.
- very enthusiastic about something/someone, i.e.
to do something up
- She's mad on tennis.
- He's mad on football.
- to decorate a room or hours; to renovate - restoring something
to an original condition, especially: houses; cars; old furniture, i.e.
- She's bought an old car which she wants to do up.
- He did up that antique desk very well.