Expressing, replying to thanks + so / such Revision:
during - was going to (future in the past) - present perfect Vocabulary
I couldn't be more pleased
- the speaker is very
pleased, i.e.- Are you happy with how we've done your garden?- Yes, thank you, I couldn't be more pleased (with it).don't mention it
- a polite reply when someone thanks you, i.e. - Thanks for helping me with the cooking.- Don't mention it.
- strengthens an adjective. Followed by, so + adjective
- The city was so beautiful.
- Our flight was so late we didn't get to the hotel until midnight.
- strengthens the adjective. Followed by adjective + noun
- It was such a beautiful city.
- She's such a good player she's always in the team.