Everyday expressions Revision:
Saying ‘hello' and ‘goodbye' - pick up
All the vocabulary is informal.Do you fancy…?
- Do you want to..? Followed by noun, adjective + noun,
often used about food / drink or activities, i.e.
- Do you fancy a coffee?
- I fancy some Italian food tonight.
- She fancies going to London this weekend.
- I fancy seeing a movie this evening.
- I'm sorry, but…., i.e.
Can you make…..?
- I'm afraid I can't take you to the station, my car's broken down.
- Can you come? or to successfully get somewhere, i.e.
- I only just made the train this morning. = I only just caught the train.
- Did you make it to school on time? = Did you get to school at the correct time?
Are you doing anything on....? -
Are you free..., i.e.
- Are you doing anything on Saturday?
- (Phrasal verb) to collect someone in a car, i.e.
- I'll pick you up at seven this evening.