Vocabulary about timeRevision:
really, (adverb meaning 'truly
') - fancy - Future SimpleVocabulary (to) clear up
- (phrasal verb) to clean and tidy, i.e.
from time to time
- We must clear up the living room before my parents arrive.
- occasionally, i.e.
- From time to time he visits us, but not often.
- (colloquial) wait a minute, i.e. - Come and help me clear up the kitchen, it's in a terrible mess.- Hang on, I'm just sending an email.I'm pressed for time
- I have little time; I'm late, i.e.- Can you make me a coffee, please?- Not right now, I'm really pressed for time. My taxi will be here soon and I'm not ready.I must dash
- (colloquial) I must hurry, i.e.
Where are you off to?
- Oh, is that the time? I must dash or I'll be late for work.
- (Informal) Where are you going?