expressions about money Revision
: so + adjective Vocabulary cost a bomb
- very expensive, i.e.
- Our wedding photographs cost a bomb.
- not genuine, not real, i.e.
- The paintings weren't by Van Gogh, they were fakes.
- admirers of a performer or celebrity
- Michael Jakson still has millions of fans around the world.
- someone is very rich, i.e.
- She owns a chain of health centres. She's loaded.
- a lot of money a rip-off
- something is priced unfairly high, the buyer has been cheated
treat (verb) - to behave towards someone / something in a particular way, i.e.
- The restaurant was a rip-off. The food was terrible and the prices were so high.
- He treats his students well.
- The company treats its workers badly.
- something was a bit expensive- How's your new computer?- Great. It wasn't cheap but I'm happy I bought it.