Expressions about timeRevision:
going to - clear up - Future in the Past
: promised me you would / I
said I would Vocabulary Where are you off to?
- (informal) Where are you going?hang on / hang on a minute
- (informal) wait a minute, i.e.- Come on, the lesson's starting. - Hang on, I can't find my books.to clear up
- (Phrasal verb) to clean and tidy, i.e.
- I must clear up the house before my parents get home.
- If you clear up the table, I'll do the washing up.
- (informal) to hurry- Make me a cup of tea.- I can't now, I'm late for work, I must dash. I'm pressed for time
- I'm in hurry / I'm late - Can we talk about the new computer system?- I'm pressed for time right now, can we meet this afternoon?from time to time
- occasionally, i.e.
- Mary's moved to another town but I see her from time to time.