success and failure Revision:
narrative tenses - (to) meet upVocabulary accomplished
- succeeded in doing something *Can be an adjective, i.e.
- She's an accomplished pianist = she's highly skilled at playing the piano.
- succeeded in doing something, i.e.
a bit of trouble
- He achieved having his own company before the age of thirty.
- (informal) problems coping, i.e.
to cope with
- They're having a bit of trouble controlling their teenage children at the moment.
- to successfully deal with a challenge or difficulty, i.e.
- She's copes well with managing the shop.
- faileddramatic improvement
- big improvement, i.e.
- There's been a dramatic improvement in the city's air quality after they limited traffic.
- a very good understanding, (often of a diffiult topic) i.e.
- She has an excellent grasp of Einstein's physics.