Present Simple - Present Continuous Revision:
anyway - supposed to be - by the way - Passive -
look after (Phrasal Verb)Vocabulary anyway
- to introduce a change of topic, i.e.
by the way
- ....so I'm much happier in my new job. Anyway, how was your holiday?
- to introduce a change of topic or mention something different
but related to the topic being discussed, i.e.
to get on with
- Well, now everyone's got a weekend job except me. By the way, how's your job at the coffee shop going?
- to continue something that has been started, i.e.
- We've had our break. Now let's get on with the lesson.
to describe / question relationships with people or things, i.e.
(to) clear out
- I get on (well) with my brother.
- He doesn't get on with his new boss. (A bad relationship.)
- How are you getting on with your Spanish course?
- to remove unnecessary items and clean and tidy a space such as a garage, a
cupboard, a loft, i.e.
- I'm going to clear out the spare room and turn it into a study.