offering to help; saying thank you; phrasal verbs Revision:
set up - sort out Vocabulary (to) give someone a hand
- to help someone, i.e.Can I / shall I give you a hand with your luggage?
cutlery - knives, forks, spoons
- a way of saying thank you, usually to emphasise 'thank you', i.e.
(to) set up
- Thank you for setting up my computer, much appreciated.
- to put equipment in place ready for operation, i.e.
- Please set up the film camera in the corner.
- The band can set up its equipment now.
- to offer, i.e.
- Shall I help you with the cooking?
- Shall I carry your bags for you?
- (phrasal verb) to solve a problem; to organise something, i.e.
- The central heating's not working, can you sort it out?
- Have you sorted out the guest list for the party yet?
- My room is a terrible mess, I must sort it out.
(a) terrace - a patio; a paved area next to a house