3. 'have' and 'take' collocations
Bill's terrible day
Main Practice: collocations with 'have' and 'take' Revision: common expressions - as (meaning 'because')Vocabulary
boring - not interesting, i.e.
- The movie was really boring.
crash - (verb and noun) vehicles colliding, i.e.
(an) idiot - a person behaving stupidly, i.e.
- I saw a bad car crash on the way home.
- The truck crashed into a supermarket.
failed all his exams.
- My brother's an idiot. He never studied, then he wondered why he
flash-drive - memory stick
to take notes - to write down information
you poor thing - the speaker is expressing sympathy, i.e.- I missed the bus, couldn't get a taxi and had to walk home in the snow
without a coat. I'm freezing.
- Oh, you poor thing, come and sit by the fire and I'll make you a hot drink.