beliefs and opinions Revision:
that's a bit + negative adjective - supposing - by the way Vocabulary assessment
- an evaluation, judgement a balanced view
- an opinion that is not extreme; rational a case by case basis
- taking each case individually a debate
- a formal discussion aimed at reaching a conclusion a penalty
- a punishment of some kind a (prison) sentence
- the time a person is held in prison opinions are divided
- there is split opinion among people reform
- improvement, i.e.
to have a point
- The tax system is badly in need of reform.
- when someone agrees with at least part of your argument, i.e.- If you legalise all drugs then you remove the criminality.- You have a point, but wouldn't there be a danger of creating more drug addicts?to have serious misgivings
- doubts or worries about something, i.e.
to make assumptions / to assume
- I have serious misgivings about the government's new educational policy.
- to believe something to be true without proof, i.e.
- I think he's dishonest.
- Don't make assumptions, you have no proof that he is.
to share someone's opinion
- Sorry I'm late.
- That's all right, I assumed you would be, you usually are.
- to think the same as them