words about time Revision:
so - as long as - should be able to Vocabulary
- a suffix meaning approximately, i.e.
- John said he'd be here twelve-ish.
(John might arrive any time between approximately 11.50 and 12.10.) a stickler for time
- Someone who insists on strict punctuality, i.e.
- Sue's a real stickler for time, she hates it when anyone's late.
- At an exact time, i.e.
around / around about
- She arrived at three sharp.
- also means approximately, i.e.
by + a time
- I'll see you around nine / around about nine.
- before the time given, i.e.
as long as
- I'll be there by ten.
- The building will be completed by June.
- but only if, i.e.
- You can borrow the car as long as you bring it back before nine.
- As long as the weather's nice we'll go for a walk tomorrow.