Discussion Language + suggest Revision:
Present Perfect - Future Simple - Phrasal Verbs: calm down - go round -
I take your point Vocabulary
- to put a dead body in a grave dug in the groundI take your point
- I agree with that part of what the speaker is saying; also: I understand
what you're saying but might still disagree, i.e.- If we have the meeting tomorrow I won't have time to notify all the departments.- All right, I take your point, shall we say the day after tomorrow, then?
- He has worked hard for the company and deserves promotion.- I take your point. However, I disagree, he works hard but has too much time off
for illness. good point
- I agree, i.e.- If we leave now we'll be too early for the movie.- Good point. Let's have lunch first. (to) reverse
- to move backwards, especially in a car or vehicle.suggest
- to put forward a plan or idea. There are three common structures, i.e.
1) I suggest + that + clause:
- I suggest that you see a doctor.
- She suggests that we leave as soon as the weather improves.
2) I suggest + ing:
- I suggest seeing a movie tonight.
- He suggests speaking to her about it after the meeting.
3) I suggest + noun:- What shall we eat tonight? - I suggest a pizza.
- Where shall we go for our weekend break?
- I suggest Amsterdam, it's a great city.