: Sequence and Time Revision
: pretty + good / bad - How did X go? Vocabulary as soon as
- As soon as I get home I must start cooking dinner.
after that / then
- As soon as you've spoken to him give me a call.
- the next thing that was done, i.e.
in the end
- I played table tennis with John and after that I slept for an hour.
- We went to the park. Then we went to a movie.
- eventually, after a sequence of events
to relax on the beach. In the end, we stayed home and watched TV.while
- Chris wanted to go to a party, Hannah wanted to go to a disco and I wanted
- links two things happening at the same time
- While you make the pasta I'll prepare the salad.
- It began snowing while they were walking home.
- a barrier, made of wire or wood, around a garden or other area of land how did X go?
- (informal) asking what happened with a situation or event,
(Present possible too) i.e.
- How did the party go?
- How did his job interview go?
- How's your job going?
- mother pretty + good / bad
- (*colloquial) makes the adjective stronger, almost as strong as 'very', i.e.
- He's a pretty good tennis player.
- My exam grade was pretty bad.
- expression to give an opinion on what you have heard someone say.
Can be followed by like
or an adjective
i.e. - After a walk along the beach we went to a movie and then had dinner at a fantastic Chinese restaurant. - Well, it sounds like you had a great evening. - Let's leave at nine and get something to eat in town before we catch the train. - That sounds fine. weeds
- wild plants growing where they are not wanted.