Adjectives + prepositionsRevision:
Present Perfect for recent action - sounds like - give up Vocabularybrilliant
- very good, i.e.
(to) give up
- The movie was brilliant.
- He's a brilliant cook.
- (Phrasal verb) to stop doing something, i.e.
passionate / passionately
- I'm going to give up playing basketball and concentrate on football.
- She's giving up her job to go travelling for a year.
- strong emotion, i.e.
- She's passionate about tennis. She plays every day.
- He's passionately interested in wildlife conservation.
- I think that is so, i.e.- We're going to the beach later, do you want to come?- Okay, sounds like fun.
- The government has refused to discuss the situation.- It sounds like they're frightened of people's opinion.