: do/don't, does/doesn't, did/didn't Revision
: why on earth…? - ago Vocabulary to be honest
- this is my honest opinion, (can make a ‘strong' comment sound more polite,
more friendly), i.e. - Do you think I should buy a sports car? - Well, to be honest, I think it's a terrible idea: you're too old for a sports car. Why on earth…?
- expresses surprise, annoyance; can be used with other question words, i.e. - Why on earth were you so rude to him? - Where on earth are we going to find a shop open at this time? - When on earth are you going to tell her? - Who on earth lent you the money? - How on earth did you learn to speak French so quickly? ago
- before the present time, i.e.
- I saw her three weeks ago.
- He gave me the book a long time ago.
- The pyramids were built thousands of years ago.
- out of date; belonging to a time in the past, i.e.It's a lovely hotel, rather old-fashioned, but very comfortable.She collects old-fashioned clothes.He drives an old-fashioned car; no power steering or CD player but it looks wonderful.