Past Simple - Past Continuous Revision:
Can I….? - really + adjective - to look after Vocabulary to chill
- to relax, i.e.- What're you doing this evening?- I think I'm going to stay at home and just chill.to have a lie down
- to have a rest; a short sleep, i.e.- I feel tired after our long walk.- Well, have a lie down before dinner, then. to look after
- to take care of someone/something, i.e.
to work out
- I looked after the children while Ann went to the shops.
- Yes, you can borrow the car but look after it.
- a) to exercise, usually in a gym; b) to calculate, understand, i.e. a) I worked out for two hours this morning.
b) I'll work out how much it'll cost to decorate the house. b) I finally worked out why John doesn't like Susan.