: the Passive Revision
: the Present Perfect - should (predicting future likely event)Notes
The Passive - be + past participle
The object of the verb becomes the subject, i.e.- She has written the report.
)- The report has been written.
- we use by
to mention the doer of the action, i.e The report has been written by Susan.
)We use the Passive:
- to focus on the action, not the doer
- This picture was painted by Picasso.
- when the doer is unknown or not important
- when the doer is 'people in general
- The bridge was built in the twelth century.
Vocabulary that's really something
- Her singing is loved all over the world.
- that's really great, i.e.- Do you like my painting; I've just finished it?- Wow, that's really something.nails
- small metal spikes used to hold pieces of wood togetherwiring
- system of wires to carry electric current around a building