Speculating about the future. Revision:
Future Simple - Future Continuous - Mixed ConditionalVocabulary
bound to (be), ie:
little doubt (that), ie:
- She's bound to be late, she always is.
- It's bound to rain soon: look at that sky.
highly likely, ie:
- It's highly likely the judge will send him to prison: it is the third time he's committed that kind of crime.
- It's highly likely she'll take the job in Madrid: she speaks fluent Spanish and told me she's always wanted to live in.
- There's little doubt (that) the painting will sell for at least fifty million.
- He has little doubt (that) his company will win the contract.
a strong possibility, ie:
- There's a strong possibility the President's party will lose the election.
- I see a strong possibility of these coastal properties falling into the sea in the next ten years due to climate change.
quite likely, ie:
- It's quite likely he'll win the race.
- Her promotion to director is quite likely in the next six months.
almost no chance, ie:
every day so I expect her to be fit enough to go.
- There's almost no chance of saving the building: the fire has caused too much damage.
- I have almost no chance of passing the exam: I haven't studied enough.
a slight possibility, ie:
- There's a slight possibilty he'll lend you the money, but don't rely on it happening.
- It's a slight possibility she may not be well enough to go on holiday, but she's improving