: linking words
: in addition, although, however Revision
: Discussion language
: that's a good point - I take your point - I disagree Notesin addition -
quite formal language that supports a previous point, i.e.
- The university has an excellent academic reputation. In addition, its sporting facilities are
- She has a Masters degree in computing. In addition, she speaks three languages.
- introduce or link contrasting points, i.e.
- Although he's eighty-five he still works five days a week.
- We are interested in buying the house. However, we think it's over-priced.