expressions of time Revision:
how about / what about...? - supposed to - by the way Vocabularyhow / what about…?
- to make a suggestion, usually followed by a noun or ing, i.e.- Where do you want to go this weekend?- How about London?
- What about eating out tonight, we could try that new Chinese restaurant?
- 12 noon, usually 12 pm.midnight
- 12 in the night, usually 12 am.the day before yesterday
- Monday, if the day of speaking is Wednesdaythe day after tomorrow
- Friday, if the day of speaking is Wednesdaythis
+ days of the week (or months or years) - The rule is not precise but, generally, this + day refers to one/two days back or forward of the day of speaking, i.e."this Thursday", said on Tuesday the 1st means Thursday the 3rd, and next Thursday, spoken on Tuesday the 1st means Thursday the 10th. But "this Thursday" spoken on Friday the 4th would mean Thursday the 3rd.
Other days, going forward, would be next, and back, would be last. So, speaking on Tuesday 1st, going back beyond Sunday would be last - I saw them last Friday, for example - and going forward, next - I'm seeing them next Friday - ie, Friday the 11th.